Saturday, July 19, 2008

CSPO Class This Week

Heading up to San Jose for CSPO class. This one is being put on by Bryan Stallings and Chris Sterling from SolutionsIQ, via the Scrum Alliance.

Having been through CSM Class about 5 weeks ago I'm pretty convinced this will be 75% the same material. All about Scrum, etc, with a bit pitched in for the Product Owner instead of the Scrum Master. Even if this is the truth, I still believe there's a lot of valid information to hand out.

If you watch the courses the ScrumAlliance holds, there's somewhere in around 10 CSM classes to each CSPO class. While I understand this is simply a matter of demand, it's unfortunate. I see the CSM role as being critical to the entire process. However, I see, as the "single ring-able neck", the CSPO role and management's interest in that role being well trained as a key indicator as to management's willingness to proceed with an enterprise wide Scrum adoption.

More on this after class.

No comments: